This is a massive time-saver. Think how many of your documents are currently not linked to specific customers within your CRM system, and are instead floating around in various users’ folders. Now, any MS Dynamics CRM user has instant access to all pertinent docs for any CRM record.
Read the news release.
The tight integration between M-Files and Microsoft Dynamics CRM means businesses get the best of both worlds: a complete solution that enhances their CRM system by efficiently organizing, managing and linking documents associated with customers, sales activities and related objects. M-Files makes it easy to tag any document to associate it with any customer or Dynamics object, enabling the document to be opened and accessed from within Dynamics or directly from the M-Files vault via its familiar Windows Explorer interface.
For instance, an email sent to a customer with an attached proposal or sales brochure can be tagged to the customer. Later, the original email in its native Outlook format with the attachment can be opened directly from the customer in Dynamics. Moreover, if one doesn’t need to access Dynamics and simply wants to review emails sent to customers, it is easy to directly search the M-Files vault without launching Dynamics to retrieve a single email, or all emails sorted by customer.
Key features offered by M-Files for Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
• Replication of accounts, contacts and other objects from Dynamics to M-Files
• Access Dynamics data from within M-Files, and M-Files documents from within Dynamics
• Fast, full-text searches on any tag or word contained in any document
• Support for all file types and Windows applications using standard “File Open” and “Save” commands
• Tag (attach) any M-Files document to any customer or product in Dynamics
• Version history is automatically maintained for Dynamics objects as well as M-Files documents
• Offline access ensures documents and records are always available, even when a network connection is unavailable, such as when traveling
• Secure access permissions can be set for all documents
• Workflow and notifications automate common business processes, such as proposal reviews or contract approvals
• Direct integration with Outlook, SharePoint and other external systems such as an ERP or billing system.