Independent Research Shows Customers Using M-Files in Combination with Microsoft Realize $7.5 Million in Benefits While Eliminating Information Chaos
AUSTIN, Texas—October 10, 2023— M-Files, the leader in knowledge work automation, today announced findings from newly published research revealing the cost savings and business benefits enabled by M-Files. The Total Economic ImpactTM of M-Files, a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of M-Files in August 2023, determined that the M-Files knowledge work automation platform delivered a 294% return on investment (ROI) over three years to customers.
With M-Files, knowledge workers can automate the entire process from document creation and management to workflow automation, external collaboration, enterprise search, security, compliance, and audit trail to improve process efficiency and reduce business risk. M-Files is creating a new work paradigm with its knowledge work automation platform by providing a truly end-to-end automation solution.
The Forrester study concluded that companies using M-Files experience quantifiable benefits of better searching, faster filing, more efficient workflows and collaboration, improved security and compliance, revenue uplift, and increased productivity. The study also highlights M-Files' ability to pair well with Microsoft and other integrations to manage documents and information effectively and securely across a global business.
“Microsoft empowers individuals and organizations to achieve more with its leading technology stack supported by a strong partner ecosystem," said Rene van Haaster, ISV Lead Western Europe, Microsoft. "As demonstrated by this Forrester study, our long-term partner M-Files adds significant value to Microsoft customers by instantly and securely surfacing the right content. With M-Files and Microsoft together, knowledge workers can access information faster, work more effectively, and drive better outcomes."
The Forrester Total Economic ImpactTM (TEI) study shows quantifiable benefits that enterprises leveraging M-Files in combination with Microsoft, and other applications, have attained. Examples of these benefits include:
- Better searching for documents and information by 50%. With advanced contextual search capabilities and a robust metadata foundation, M-Files empowers knowledge workers to swiftly locate documents within the relevant business context and eliminate information chaos. Seamless integration with Microsoft and other applications also enables efficient cross-system searches, boosting operational efficiencies.
- Faster filing of documents by 65%. M-Files accelerates and improves document filing through automated metadata tagging and file naming, all while seamlessly integrating with Microsoft applications like SharePoint, Word, and Outlook.
- More efficient workflows by 70%. M-Files improves process efficiency and accuracy with automated document workflows across creation, collaboration, and approval. M-Files' core value lies in automating document-centric processes, while version control in Microsoft Word and other applications optimizes both solo and collaborative work.
- Improved compliance and security that leads to automation in processing new documents and 20% time savings for auditors. M-Files reduces business risk with automated document security and compliance to prevent breaches, manage document access and retention policies, and automate compliance rules, saving time and effort in audit work.
For the analysis, Forrester developed a composite organization based on data gathered from customer interviews to reflect the total economic impact that investing in M-Files technology could provide. Each customer interviewed utilized all or part of Microsoft Suite before purchasing M-Files. The findings demonstrate that customers in the TEI study saw significant increases in employee productivity driven by improved document and information management by using both Microsoft and M-Files:
- “Integrated with M-Files, we have [Microsoft] Teams, Outlook, and all the Office applications. We also have the SharePoint connector. We have a lot of internal applications integrated…. The integrations with other systems are very useful. The document data is stored in M-Files, but the integrations are something that really provide extra value for us.” — Application Specialist, Public Sector.
- “It’s very important that all our systems talk to each other. The combination of M-Files and the Microsoft ecosystem and everything working together [provides a] really high value for us. If it wasn’t integrated already, it’s something we would have to build ourselves.” — CIO, Consulting
- “The biggest advantages for us are that M-Files enables the information lifecycle management and also compliance. And M-Files together with the Microsoft ecosystem - which is all about teamwork and collaboration - enables a flexible selection of tools. That’s definitely something that provides value.” — Head of Records Management, Public Sector
- “That integration with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel lets us put documents straight into M-Files, saving time and effort. The employee tells M-Files what it is, and M-Files names the document for them. So, we get that standardization across file names.” — Business Analyst, Professional Services.
"With the emergence of Generative AI, knowledge work is facing the next level of transformation – and we are proud to be at the forefront,” said Antti Nivala, founder and CEO, M-Files. “Our rich integrations with Microsoft empower knowledge workers to thrive in a rapidly evolving world by leveraging the power of automation to eliminate information chaos, improve process efficiency and reduce business risk. This study further underscores our ability to deliver real-world-impact through our knowledge work automation platform and revolutionize how knowledge workers operate.”
M-Files customers who use Microsoft Azure cloud services can order M-Files subscription offerings directly via the Microsoft Azure Marketplace and tie their M-Files subscription to their Microsoft Azure Consumption Commitment (MACC). The Microsoft Azure Marketplace, an online store providing applications and services for use on Azure, helps connect companies seeking innovative, cloud-based solutions with global partners who have developed ready-to-use solutions.
To learn more about cost savings and business benefits enabled by M-Files, download the full Forrester Total Economic ImpactTM (TEI) of M-Files study.
M-Files is the leading platform for knowledge work automation. With the M-Files platform, knowledge workers can find information faster, work smarter, and achieve more. M-Files features an innovative metadata-driven architecture, embedded workflow engine, and advanced artificial intelligence. This enables customers to eliminate information chaos, improve process efficiency, and automate security and compliance. For more information, visit www.m-files.com.
Debra Dekelbaum, M-Files
+1 (972) 516-4210, ext. 272
Ellen Miles, fama PR