Major new features & enhancements in M-Files
M-Files 2015.2 includes a variety of exciting new features and enhancements to increase performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency, including:
- Share Files with External Users - Boost collaboration by sharing from M-Files to external users.
- Microsoft Office Online Integration - M-Files Web users can now modify Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files directly in a browser window without having to install the Desktop apps for Office.
- Smart Document Templates - Smart metadata fields in Word and Excel templates are automatically filled and updated when creating and editing files via M-Files Web or the mobile apps.
- Universal App for Windows 10 - The new M-Files Universal App is now available in the Windows Store! It supports all Windows 10 devices and is optimized for tablets and phones.
- Edit Objects in Offline Mode - Offline sync now supports editing objects in offline mode on Android and iOS devices.
- Pre-filled Metadata Cards - The Android and iOS apps now support metadata card configuration, such as tooltips, descriptions, default values and property groups.
- Way More Speed - Compared to M-Files 2015.1, M-Files 2015.2 file uploads and downloads are 75% faster in the cloud, replication jobs complete up to 10X faster, and views can open over 10X faster.
- Server Activity Monitor - The new Server Activity Monitor Dashboard in M-Files Admin provides a real-time view of M-Files Server activity for administrators.
- "Goodbye" Java - Java is no longer required for M-Files Web. For the optimal editing experience, download the new M-Files for Chrome extension.
M-Files 2015.1 was released in October 2015, and included the following main enhancements:
- Parallel assignments in workflows
- More configurable metadata card, including tooltips, descriptions, groups, dynamic properties, and HTML styling.
- Improvements in task assignments that enable assignments to be automatically triggered based on workflow states, as well as greater flexibility in configuring approval rules, electronic signatures and processes.
- Combo URLs that allow users to easily share content across a variety of devices, including PCs, tablets and smart phones.
- Much faster full-text search with a highly-scalable architecture that supports up to 10x larger repositories.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Support for OAuth 2.0 and LDAP protocols in Federated Authentication
- Compatibility with Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016 and Autodesk AutoCAD 2016.
M-Files 2015 was released in March 2015, and included the following main enhancements:
- Graphical Workflows - With M-Files 2015 you can create graphical workflows using a visual flowchart. It's easier than ever to see every step and trigger in all of your business processes.
- M-Files Web Improvements - We've introduced many improvements to M-Files Web including an enhanced metadata card and better drag and drop capabilities when adding files to M-Files.
- Replication via the Cloud - Replicate data easily and securely between vaults via the cloud to ensure business continuity and maintain strict control over information access.
- Performance Enhancements - The entire vault database structure has been optimized for superior performance and scalability in M-Files 2015. From accessing views to adding metadata to checking in documents, you can feel the increased speed.
- Improved Encryption - The security of your data is our top concern. You can now encrypt your file data at rest using AES-256 encryption. This encryption is compliant with the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 standard.
- Federated Authentication - M-Files now supports federated authentication and pre-shared keys that allow for more secure remote connections to M-Files. You can also leverage features like multi-factor authentication for another layer of protection.