Along with many of you, we were at Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2011 in Atlanta April 10-13. In addition to demonstrating M-Files for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Dynamics CRM 2011 Online, we also made a significant announcement that further reinforces our leadership position in the document management market…
M-Files Cloud Vault is the first professional document management solution running natively on Windows Azure! Azure-based M-Files Cloud Vault provides businesses with an immediate opportunity to take advantage of Microsoft’s highly scalable and reliable cloud-based operating system and geographically distributed data centers to rapidly deploy solutions in a variety of vertical markets. With the power, flexibility and scalability of Windows Azure, our customers can quickly deploy custom document management solutions without large upfront costs, and our vertically-focused partners can create custom, industry-specific solutions based on the M-Files platform, including those with demanding regulatory compliance requirements.
The Azure platform provides numerous benefits to the M-Files Cloud Vault solution, including:
- Scalability – In terms of performance, Windows Azure provides M-Files with virtually unlimited scalability, no matter how much data is being stored. Azure enables scaling from very small implementations of only a few users to extremely large ones with thousands of users.
- Reliability – Instead of having just one big machine where all of a business’s data resides, Azure enables allocation over a large number of distributed smaller systems. If one system gets overloaded or fails, the impact is minimized.
- Replication and geo-distribution – Replication and geo-distribution means there is more than one copy of a business’s data, and it is distributed geographically. Having more than one copy in different locations insulates a business from the risk of a server failure, power outage or natural disaster in a particular area.
- Storage – Azure not only provides flexibility in choosing the level of storage a business needs to minimize costs, but also for quickly scaling up when more storage is needed. The business pays only for what is used and it can be assured there will always be quick access to more space when it is needed.
- Data and application integration – M-Files is tightly integrated into the Microsoft core product stack and utilizes a rich set of Web services for both data and application integration. For instance, M-Files integrates with the Dynamics product family, synchronizing content between various applications, and also integrates with the Office family of products, as well as with SharePoint, vastly improving search capabilities for SharePoint users.
M-Files Cloud Vault running on Azure is offered as a service priced at $39 per month, per user. M-Files is also available as an on-premise software solution that can be purchased as a paid-up license. For more information, contact Motive Systems directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.