We’re happy to announce that M-Files 9.0, the latest version of our award-winning ECM solution, delivers major new enhancements for collaboration, data replication, archiving, compliance and more! How are we able to deliver all of this? It’s because M-Files 9.0 leverages metadata to deliver ECM capabilities that are simply impossible with folder-based alternatives.
This new version of the award-winning M-Files ECM solution builds on our unique metadata-driven architecture to deliver major enhancements, such as automated replication of documents and other content between repositories located on-premise and in the cloud, integrated file sharing and collaboration with Microsoft SkyDrive, improved search results, archiving files in PDF/A-1b format for efficient long-term preservation of electronic documents, participation in workflows and direct editing of metadata from mobile devices. Additional new features and capabilities in M-Files 9.0 include:
- Support for Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013.
- Support for all SQL Server editions of 2005, 2008 (R2), and 2012, including Express.
- M-Files OCR now provides 1D and 2D barcode support.
Because we’ve added so many improvement and enhancement to M-Files 9.0, we’ve been busy the past few weeks communicating the myriad of new features in this latest release, such as:
- M-Files 9.0 Redefines Hybrid Cloud with Distributed Content Replication and Long-term Archiving
- M-Files 9.0 Enables Easy Collaboration and Co-authoring of Documents via Microsoft SkyDrive
- M-Files 9.0 User Interface Configuration Capabilities Enable to Develop Custom ECM Applications
- M-Files 9.0 Features Full Compatibility with Microsoft Office 2013 and Windows 8
M-Files is at the forefront of the ECM metadata movement, With M-Files 9.0, we’ve continued to expand our lead in using metadata to deliver ECM capabilities that simply aren’t possible with folder-based approaches, which is the approach used in nearly every other ECM system on the market. Our metadata-driven architecture is comprehensive, spanning all aspects of our product, including browsing and navigation, access permissions, workflow, and now replication.
And more remarkable is the fact that we haven’t compromised ease of use — M-Files 9.0 provides these rich capabilities ‘out of the box’ without requiring programming or extensive consulting services, ensuring a fast implementation and a rapid ROI!
Latest posts by M-Files (see all)
- Automatic Permissions: Stay Secure, Manage Access and Keep it Simple with M-Files - October 10, 2013
- M-Files Video Shows How to Save Time by Using Document Templates - October 5, 2013
- Want to Learn About a Superior Approach for Sharing Documents? Watch the New M-Files Video! - September 27, 2013