Forrester Research just published their report The Forrester Wave ™: Enterprise Business Content Services Q3 2015. This report is fundamentally the chronicle of the ECM market and provides valuable discernment into industry trends and advancements. Forrester ranked M-Files as a Leader and I think they masterfully detailed exactly why we are experiencing tremendous growth.
From a Small Seed, a Mighty Trunk May Grow
I was doing some strategic planning and as part of the process I did an analysis of “where we’ve been.” One of things that struck me as perhaps the most compelling aspect about our history at M-Files is the amazing growth we’ve had over the last seven years. Based on the various data I’ve found in analyst reports and in other sources, I can confidently state that we are the fastest growing ECM vendor in the market. We’ve had a growth rate of 76% in 2014 and that was on the heels of six consecutive years where we maintained an annual growth rate of 40% to 55%. I think this is a direct result of thoughtfully planning and executing on the right things.
Let’s examine what Forrester cites in our Vendor Profile.
- “M-Files is unique with its strong metadata-centric approach to ECM.” If I had to drill down to one word regarding our key differentiator it would be our use of “metadata.” It’s the cornerstone upon which we build our product. The value of metadata lies in its ability to more efficiently classify and organize information—so you can find and access content based on what it is not where it is saved. Forrester calls this a “welcome move away from the folder-based interface.” And I couldn’t agree more. Learn more about metadata-driven ECM.
- “M-Files has particular traction with high quality and compliance requirements.” Businesses are regulated today more than ever and staying compliant in the business environment where the number of external stakeholders keeps growing at a face pace requires that all actors in the processes have fast and convenient access to the latest version of the right information when they need it. Furthermore, to comply with regulations, ability to capture evidence of taken actions while providing full audit trail are the reasons why we experience phenomenal growth in this area. I’m also proud to say we drink our own champagne here at M-Files. We have certified our own quality system for ISO 9001 standard using M-Files as our QMS software. Learn more about quality and compliance advancements in ECM.
- “M-Files cloud strategy supports the needs of enterprises seeking flexible hybrid options.” We definitely think cloud-first, but not cloud-only. Approximately 85% of ECM systems are still deployed on-premises. Cloud boosts better access to content but is not necessarily the right fit for all content. Hybrid genuinely offers organizations the best of both cloud and on premise. That’s why we offer it. Organizations can leverage their on premise IT assets and capitalize on ECM solutions running in a public or private cloud. I can’t think of a better way to manage an IT investment than with hybrid. What makes us strong here is that end-users use the same client software to access cloud and on-premises servers. Learn more about hybrid cloud ECM deployments.
Interested in learning more of the right things to do with M-Files? Download the Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Business Content Services Q3 2015.
Latest posts by Mika Javanainen (see all)
- Sink or Swim: Managing the Growing Flood of Dark Data with EIM - September 13, 2016
- M-Files 2015.2: Collaboration and Mobility Enhancements Take Center Stage - April 13, 2016
- What You Need to Know about Encryption in M-Files - March 2, 2016