Improve manufacturing quality and productivity.
Ideal for ensuring manufacturing quality, M-Files helps you bring better products to market – faster.
Used in production manufacturing environments, M-Files document, content and quality management solutions help you organize, manage and track important documents, information and processes, including technical documents, like specifications and plans, project documentation, drawings and CAD files, review/approval and change order processes, and more.
You can also manage and track day-to-day business documents with M-Files – including email and paper. Once stored in M-Files, all documents are indexed and searchable for instant retrieval, with access to the "right" document assured due to M-Files' integrated version history. No more searching for where to save a file, just save to the vault and tag.
M-Files can improve your workflow by automating review and approval processes for engineering drawings, change orders, proposals, specifications and any other type of document. Automated workflows build reliability and repeatability into manufacturing processes, while eliminating errors, delays and duplicates.
Easily customizable workflows can route information to the right people for follow-up and approval and notify others when tasks are complete.
- Eliminate your manual and paper-dependent processes for immediate productivity increases and fewer errors and delays, leading to products getting to market faster with higher quality.
- Manage workforce training documents, corrective and preventative action (CAPA) documentation, non-conformance reports and more.
- Improve vendor management efficiency by capturing and organizing all vendor documents, communications and project records, and enable vendors to access documents remotely.
Supports lean manufacturing
M-Files supports lean manufacturing practices and quality management programs that ensure efficient and ISO-compliant processes.
M-Files records an audit trail and log of all document activities, and an efficiently indexed and searchable repository of all documents including emails and scanned paper documents, speeds up the auditing process.
M-Files extensions are also available that can make your manufacturing practices even more efficient and productive, including modules for reporting and OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for efficient scanning and processing of paper documents.
Collaborate and control quality
Check-in/check-out to facilitate team collaboration and avoid conflicts and data loss when one person overwrites the changes of another.
- Check-in/check-out to facilitate team collaboration and avoid conflicts and data loss when one person overwrites the changes of another.
- Secure access permissions by document with Windows Active Directory support.
- Remote and offline access, making documents available from anywhere, even when no Internet access is available.
Integrate with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT
M-Files provides special integration with AutoCAD with support for xrefs, searching within DWG files and inserting M-Files properties into AutoCAD drawings. For example, M-Files can insert a part number or the name of the responsible engineer or designer in a title block. AutoCAD LT is also supported enabling budget conscious CAD users to also take advantage of M-Files.
Request your free trial now, or contact us to learn more about using M-Files for your manufacturing business.